Sunday, May 22, 2016

Shaka Senghor, Writing My Wrongs

Robert Stacy McCain was snarking on idiot "male feminists" yesterday and tweeted out BuzzFeed's, "I Was a Thirsty Male Feminist for a Day and It Was Exhausting."

Matt McGorry, who I've never heard of, but is apparently starring in "Orange Is the New Black," posted selfies of himself reading hip progressive au courant titles, such as Writing My Wrongs: Life, Death, and Redemption in an American Prison, and Michelle Alexander's, The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness.

Alexander's book's been out for a while and has had quite an impact (especially among leftists and on college campuses, like mine). But I hadn't heard of Senghor before. His book just came out in March.

The Guardian has more, "Shaka Senghor: the man with the American story no one wants to tell."

0 comments: