Sunday, December 22, 2013

Justine Sacco Apologizes

She's issued a statement to ABC News, "Justine Sacco, Fired After Tweet on AIDS in Africa, Issues Apology" (via Memeorandum):
Words cannot express how sorry I am, and how necessary it is for me to apologize to the people of South Africa, who I have offended due to a needless and careless tweet," Sacco said. "There is an AIDS crisis taking place in this country, that we read about in America, but do not live with or face on a continuous basis. Unfortunately, it is terribly easy to be cavalier about an epidemic that one has never witnessed firsthand.

For being insensitive to this crisis -- which does not discriminate by race, gender or sexual orientation, but which terrifies us all uniformly -- and to the millions of people living with the virus, I am ashamed.

This is my father's country, and I was born here. I cherish my ties to South Africa and my frequent visits, but I am in anguish knowing that my remarks have caused pain to so many people here; my family, friends and fellow South Africans. I am very sorry for the pain I caused.


More at Legal Insurrection, "The worst Twitter day of all time."

It's worth noting that Sacco was an Obama-cheering, pro-abortion Democrat. So, once again we see the  biggest racists on the left.

0 comments: