Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Teaching Today

Apologies for light posting.

I'll be teaching all day today, and will be back for more blogging tonight or in the morning.

Meanwhile, thanks to all of those who've been shopping through my Amazon links.

I'm going to pick up my own copy of Hillbilly Elegy when my associate fees get posted. I'm looking forward to reading it.

After reading the first couple of chapter's of Cornel West's Black Prophetic Fire, I was moved to pick up my old paperback copy of the Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, which has been sitting on my shelf for years now, unread, surprisingly. It's been a fascinating book to read.

Also, I'm about 100 pages into Robert S. Gordon's, The Rise and Fall of American Growth: The U.S. Standard of Living since the Civil War. It's an amazingly snappy read for such a massive and intellectually weighty tome.

In any case, thanks again.

More blogging later.

0 comments: