Sunday, July 28, 2013

'I’m not ashamed to be an American no matter how much Obama and the Left want to denigrate the brand...'

Count me in as a "rah rah" American as well.

From Darleen Click, at Protein Wisdom, "'I really believe that the way America will look best, the way we can really do best, is to not be Americans so vigilantly and so vehemently'":
I’m bone weary of the “We are above such petty things as national identity” faux-sophistication. I don’t know what Shulan finds all that complicated about a group of Islamists hijacking planes and trying to kill as many infidel Americans as possible.

He probably has the same nuanced and complexity-is-what-is-meaningful view of Nidal Hasan, regardless of Hasan’s professed motivation.

I’m not ashamed to be an American no matter how much Obama and the Left want to denigrate the brand.
Background at the New York Post "Iconic Ground Zero photo was nearly excluded from museum for being too ‘rah-rah’ American." (Via Memeorandum.)

0 comments: