Friday, April 22, 2011

Live From the MGM Grand Las Vegas!

We're on the 18th floor. This is the view from my suite, looking north from the MGM Grand. A blogging room with a view:

Photobucket

A look inside:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Peter O'Toole and Richard Burton out in the foyer, near the elevators:

Photobucket

And the view south from the elevator landing. Excalibur Hotel is kitty corner across the from the MGM. And that's Mandalay Bay at center and Tropicana at left:

Photobucket

Guests gather around the lion exhibit:

Photobucket

Now coming back around under the glass canopy, some close-ups of one of the lions:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The view from the skywalk over to Tropicana Hotel, here's New York New York. That replica Statue of Liberty recently made it onto a U.S. Postal Service stamp by mistake:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Looking from the Tropicana across to the MGM:

Photobucket

David Copperfield is a big draw for the hotel, although my wife is taking me and my oldest son to see KÀ| Cirque du Soleil, which is supposed to the most popular among the many Cirque du Soleil productions in Las Vegas.

I'll have more blogging either very late tonight or in the morning. I'm looking forward to meeting up with The Vegas Guy tomorrow as well.

In any case, I'll be back ...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice photos. I was prelim planning a vacation there for this week until Harry Reid won re-election. I sent off an email to Mayor Oscar B. Goodman of my cancellation of such plans.

Opus #6 said...

Have a fantastic weekend with that family of yours, Donald. Looks like fun!

Anonymous said...

The lion exhibit makes me think of "Mighty Joe Young." Have fun....

MaroonedinMarin said...

Very nice photos!

Bob Belvedere said...

Linked to at:
HOW ABOUT A LITTLE BREATHER...