Monday, December 28, 2009

You and Me ... We Used to Be Together...

Ace commenter Kreiz suggested some Smashing Pumpkins after last night's Jessica Simpson entry. I checked around for some clips. I like "Tonight, Tonight," which was Kreiz's pick, but the embed was disabled. I'll find another and post it. That, along with "Zero" as well, which I really dig. Meanwhile, enjoy No Doubt's "Don't Speak." Especially good here is the acoustic guitar break solo. Always loved it in the studio version, and it's a cool stage setup at the viddy ... more sounds later:

By the way, the commercial video that accompanied this song on initial release is one of the coolest clips from the '90s. No Doubt's a local Orange County band, and Gwen Stefani's live performance hipness is unsurpassed in that footage (here).

2 comments:

kreiz1 said...

Excellent choice. Stefani has always struck me as being centered, stable and modest- traits that are rare in the quirky world of popular music. I'm not sure what a Hollaback Girl is though. ??

AmPowerBlog said...

Thanks Kreiz! I'll get that Smashing Pumpkins up ASAP!